As a result of its employees’ travel practices, this global Retail eCommerce giant risked creating “nexus” – or a taxable presence – in several states, which would result in sales tax for its customers’ online purchases.
- Inability to grow and retain online tax-exempt status for as long as possible
- Inadvertent tax nexus can easily drive customers to the competition
- Finding out about a tax nexus after the fact is too late
The current solution deployed by Princeton Blue focuses on the following aspects:
- Managing the executives travel activity across each state
- Pro-active predictionof a tax nexus before it is created
- Avoid tax nexus by automating the employee travel request and approval process
- Executive dashboard provides real-time view of tax nexus risk
- Avoided unnecessary sales tax liability for the company and its customers
- Improved competitiveness of company’s products and overall pricing
- Ensured company’s accelerated growth
- Allowed company to take maximum advantage of tax-free commerce on the internet
BPM Reports and Workflows implementation proactively predicts a tax nexus before it is created thus avoiding unnecessary sales tax liability and ensuring accelerated growth.